Friday, August 28, 2009

Delana Grace

Delana Grace is here!!! On August 27th, the day before my induction was scheduled I went to bed around 10:00 so that I could get a good night rest since I knew that it would be a long time before I would get a good night sleep since I would have a baby the next night. Or at least be in the hosptial, which still would not be a good night sleep. I had wrote Paul and told him the plan. I said I am being induced tomorrow night this is not going to happen on it's own so I'm going to get one good night of sleep. He was like don't say that it could still happen.

At 10:30 I woke up to pee and had a horrible cramp but I went back to sleep. HOWEVER at 11:00 I woke up with a horrible cramp that wasn't going away. It was a lot of pressure and everytime I felt that pressure I had the urge to number two. I was like this might be it. I went downstair since Maddie was sleeping in my bed and I didn't want to wake her. I also wanted to use a contraction counter that I found online to count contrations. I started counting the contractions a little after 11:00. By 1:30 am the cramps were only about 4 minutes apart and I decided it was a good idea to call my "crew". I called my two friends and sister-in-law, they were all here at the same time. My sister in law took Maddie to her house and we were off to the hospital. We started driving and the contractions were horrible. I was thinking I can't believe that I had prayed for this... to go into labor on my own and be in all this pain. But I was now on way to the hospital. I was giving directions on how to get there... "let's take the toll road, it's faster." We stopped and paid the toll and we were off. Jayme was telling me to breathe. I couldn't breath it hurt too much. I was watching the clock, they were coming three minutes apart from what I could tell. We made it to the hospital and we had to show our IDs (military hospital), then I was like Allison doesn't have an ID so Jayme yelled back to tell them she was with us. We rolled up to the ER and they got a wheel chair. I couldn't get out of the van because I was in so much pain and I was telling them that. Allison was like you are going to have pain so you have to get out. Alright I was out and we were on the way to labor and delievery and the sky walk seem to be a mile long. I yelled at the guy pushing the wheelchair...... "can we go a little faster?" We went a little faster but it still seem like we were moving slow but I remember seeing Jayme walking quickly next to me. We finally made it to L&D. They got me in a room and I was filling out paper work while I was having contrations which was annoying me. They finally checked me and I was 9cm. I thought they said 6cm and was thinking it would never end but 9... wooo whoo. I was so close! They ended up breaking my water. It was time to push. The baby's heart rate had dropped and they said we have to get her out. In six contractions she was out. OUCH! OMG.... I did it! Thank you GOD, I did it! Delana was here and I did it, I got to have the VBAC that I had been praying for six and a half years. My body did it! God was with me and he heard my request...... my baby came into the world the way that I had prayed that she would come. The way God had designed them to come. All the hate I had for my body for letting me down with Madison's birth melted away. I loved my body, myself and was thankful for this experience. My hubby wasn't there but God provided me with people to be with me and support me. As I was getting stiches all of this was running through my mind. I'm truly blessed. I'm so thankful for the ones who have been praying for me and the birth, the ones who were at the birth.

*** A side note. When Paul and I were trying to pick a date to be induced it was today.... September 7th! However I can't image waiting this long for her to be here. Also I will be back dating this entry to the day Delana was born... August 28th. Today she is 10 days old! :)