CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Getting On Track

I'm so frustrated with myself right now. I keep thinking that I want to start exercising but I just can't do it. I'm freaking out because Delana isn't on a schedule. She does eat around the same time everyday but sometime she sleeps more or wants to eat more. I am freaked out about going for a walk because I'm thinking she might get hungery and scream for the half an hour I'm gone. That would be super stressful for me. Nursing is convient yet also has it's drawbacks like, making it harder for someone to babysit. Right now I'm trying to figure it out but I just don't feel like I'm doing a very good job. I'm doing good with the way things are now but I want to add in time for exercise and cleaning everyday. It's not working! I also want to be able to get a shower in everyday and preferably around the same time everyday. I'm thinking that I might be expecting to much too soon but I swear there are ladies who do it! I'm just not one of them. I am trying, I feel like I can do it but it's just not working. Am I supposed to try harder or wait for it to work out on it's own?

1 comments:

Jane Ann said...

I think you just have to be a little more firm... I know she is a baby BUT really you have to show her even at a few weeks old what you expect... Dont feed if it has not been two hours. If you find that there are times she is sleeping later and eating later than STick to that time every day no matter what. at night you can start pushing her to three hours which at first means less sleep because she will fuss But after a few nighte she'll learn what the feeding shedule is and wait for it. Babies start day care at 6 weeks and HAVE to be on a routine... which unfortunately does not always mean a time schedule but you can work that out too. LIKE don't do the first feeding until a set time... like 6:30 then your day revolves around that.. feed 6:30, 8:30, 10:30 maybe she naps then a little longer so you do 1:00 or 1:30 even. and so on so that by the tiome you get to evening... you know when to do her bath and what not and do bath and bed at the same time every day. no matter what! I know it is hard to get into the motion and schedule yourself BUt it can work... I did it with Kate and it paid off huge! she was my most scheduled/routine baby and she was also my best sleeper and most easy going. (we'll ignore the fact that she's a wild woman now... but she still eats and sleeps on a schedule) HTH!