Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Picking up my Honey and the Thanksgiving play

I didn't sleep well at all last night. Between the pouring rain and thinking about picking up Paul in the morning I couldn't stay asleep for more than an hour or two at a time. I got Madison to school at the same time I always do but the teacher took them in early this morning so I left to pick Paul up a little before I had planned to leave. I got to the base and found a parking spot, I called his cell phone to let him know I was there but no answer. I sat in the truck waiting all the people walking across the bridge wondering if it was him. I had asked him to wear his uniform to school, because it was supposed to be the first time we were going to see him. He told me he was going to wear it. So I sat in the truck watching all the people, looking for all khaki uniforms. As I was watching I seen someone in all black and a white hat..... I was thinking, "I don't think they are wearing the right cover for this time of year." (note: I don't know all the uniform rules) A few seconds Paul calls me " I'm ready for you to come and get me." I said "I'm already he waiting for you in the parking lot, where are you and what are you wearing?" " I'm in the parking lot, I'm wearing my dress blues," he said. "Oh. I see you turn. Walk toward the yellow poles behind you." He came over the truck we hugged and got in so we start on our way the school for Madison's Thanksgiving play. I said "I seen you when you walked across the bridge in your white hat.......... I was thinking, man I think that person doesn't have the right cover on." Of course I was wrong! (first time for everything)
We were a little early to go to the school so we stopped and got a drink at Starbucks. We got to school and Madison was so excited to see Paul even though she had seen him the night before. I met my friend's husband who was also on the ship and Paul met his wife and sons. Madison's class sang I'm a Little Scarecrow, so cute! Every kindergarten class sang their own song and they sang a few all together.
Madison wanted to eat at home for lunch so we had sandwiches for lunch. After lunch Madison wanted to bring Daddy to the frozen yogurt place. We went out and got it and came back to spend sometime at home. The door rang shortly after we got home and I went to get it. There sat a boquet of roses. The delivery man heard the door and came back to have me sign for them. Awe..........thanks honey! Yep he still has the element to surprise me!
Since this was Paul's first night home I arranged a babysit for the night so Paul and I could have the night alone. We dropped her off at the babysitters at five. Our first stop was dinner, we ate at Fridda's Mexican Restaurant. The food was so good. Then we had the idea to go buy Paul cologne that he wore when we first met and he had ran out of before he left. When we walked out of the restaurant it was raining so we put up the umbrelle and started walking toward the store we were going to but it started down pouring, the side walks were flooding and we were walking in huge puddles. By the time we got the cologne and got home we were drenched. The night only got better as it went by.